Hello Francois and Arno for the replies.

I read online that on Unix, close() reduce a ref count for
a socket. The last close() will call shutdown() automatically.
I'm not sure if the same is true on Windows but I would think
so because it makes sense and the whole TCP/IP thing starts on
Unix platforms.

Anyway to answer my original question, I made a test and found
out that calling shutdown(0) locally will not trigger a SessionClosed
on remote side. Calling shutdown(1) and shutdown(2) will.