Scrive Francois Piette <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Hi Guys !

Hi Francois!

[...]

> Converting ICS & MidWare was to too much difficult.

[...]

What you described is more or less what I expected with that kind of changes in
the compiler. I expected similar problems with the introduction of 64 bit.

> The question remains open to have properties exposed
> as String or AnsiString, or a mix of both.

Good question. Probably it is better to use the String type in general and the
AnsiString when absolute sure that it is enough. What is the approach of the
VCL?

About the difficult, this new version is backward compatible? If yes, the
backward compatibility has introduced another level of difficulty in the port?

Bye, Maurizio.