I was reading TLS's wikipedia page the other day. I find
that although it's a lot of work, it is probably not
too bad to write the SSL handshake and encryption from
scratch, say, with ICS. I must be seriously overlooking
the details and complexities. I wonder what are the potential
issues of taking this approach and what is the main reasons
that encourage people to use the OpenSSL library. I hope
those who worked on ICS-SSL could shed some light...

--
Jack