Thank you.  I understand then.  That obviously
invalidates my suggestion.

However, I wonder how this works in practice.  I
mean, how do regular browsers deal with it?  The RFC
specifically states that if you receive an error
after the headers, and you used a Content-Length
header, you MUST (their emphasis) drop the connection.

Perhaps it's done with "chunking"?

    -dZ.

Technologies[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Sent    : 9/19/2008 12:54:58 PM
>To      : twsocket@elists.org
>Cc      :
>Subject : RE: Re: [twsocket] Early web server response

What you miss is NTLM 401 response includes some
random data that must be
returned with the request in the same connection.
Otherwise value would be
lost at server side!!