I reported this as BUG in 2007. Then nobody seemed to find a real solution
and I found a workaround:

I created a descendent in C++ and,

void __fastcall httpClient::SetReady()
{
 if(alreadySetReady)
  return;
 alreadySetReady = true;
 PostMessage(FHandle, FMsg_WM_HTTP_SET_READY, 0, 0);
}
alreadysettrue is reset before each get/head/postasync. Then you should
enter your next call in ONRequestdone. It has complex reasons yet if you
really want to know, breakpoint the original setready.

Regards,

SZ