Fastream Technologies wrote:
>> In the custom client class RcvdLine is declared as AnsiString.
>> Concatenation of UnicodeString and AnsiString seems to be the
>> problem. Declare RcvdLine as String and this error should go away.
>>
>> --
>>
> I wonder if using UnicodeString for such a low level property would
> cause slowness??

In Delphi 2009 the default string "String" changed from AnsiString
to UnicodeString. Entire VCL and RTL is Unicode as well, so in order
to avoid too many string conversions it's fast to convert to Unicode
once and do all string operations in Unicode. Note that in 2009 the
W-API is called which are faster since Windows does not convert the
AnsiString back and forth to Unicode internally.