Paul wrote:
> I'm using window message in range WM_USER+1 to WM_USER+200.
> For a long time, I've wondering why a http-client sometimes stops
> working although all messages do thru a message queue.
> Now, I'm told not to use messages in the WM_USER range, but in WM_APP
> range since third party components and Delphi itself use messages in
> the WM_USER range.
> You would have phantom messages that can disturb your own message
> queue. Anyone else had such problems ?

No, never experienced such kind of problems!
A message always has a recipient, either a window handle or a thread ID.
You hopefully do not post/send common messages (not registered
by AllocateMsgHandlers) to the ICS window in V6 and better.
A thread message pump must distinguish between messages posted to
the thread or sent/posted to a window.