Wilfried Mestdagh wrote:

> Does it not matter how the code is written (OnRequestDone), eg like
> this:
>
>      case RqType of
>         smtpConnect: begin
>            Cli.Helo;
>         end;
>         smtpHelo: begin
>            Cli.Mail;
>         end;
>
> Meaning, I don't use Ehlo method or so.

EHLO is required for authentication, otherwise an exception was raised.
As long as HELO is supported by mail servers you could call smtpHelo if
no authentication is wanted and smtpEhlo otherwise.
Something like this:

case RqType of
    smtpConnect:  begin
                      if SmtpClient.AuthType = smtpAuthNone then
                          SmtpClient.Helo
                      else
                          SmtpClient.Ehlo;
                  end;