Hi,

I've been reading through the mail archieves and would like to know if there
are any tips / example code for creating a TCP server that can handle high
(5000+) simultaneous connections. It seems the method to assign upto 500
connections per thread seems to be the best method. Is there an example of how
to develop the server so that a connection can be assigned to a certain thread.
I assume the actual server runs on the main thread and assigns each connection
to a thread as it connects. How is this managed and implemented?

My application is a server that will handle connections from many thousands on
devices sending an XML stream (around 5 - 100k in size) at set intervals. This
XML is stored to a DB for processing at a later date. It is likely that in the
future there will be many thousands of these devices sending information.

It is intended that this will eventually run on a full server spec
multi-processor / core machine.

Kings Regards,
Paul.