Yes, using HTTP/1.1 you have perstant connexions. See Keep-Alive in the source code.

That's what I'm using, but it's not the same.
When I post a stream (10k as test) to the server which then sends it to the other computer, it's about 90 times faster then sending 1000 "10byte"-strings. of couse, there's a little overhead this way, although the "head" part is almost empty. After sending a string, there is a diconnect, even with keep-alive and I can see a 30 ms latency (to the US) for each request.
It's the nature of http

I don't agree with you. HTTP protocol has all support for real keep alive connections. request can even be sent before the previous answer has been received.

BUT most commercial webserver do break the connection very quickly. Probably to be able to support a large number of clients. If you write the server part using ICS, then you should not be faced with this problem.

--
francois.pie...@overbyte.be