David Rose wrote:

> If my main app (which contains an TFtpServer component) is working
> hard processing data and a client requests a large file, does the
> main app stop processing its data whilst the file is being sent ?

No, it would not. However such an application should excecute
the TFtpServer in the context of one separate worker thread.
The worker thread must have a working message pump and the
component has to be created and freed in TThread.Execute
method.

> What if 25 users request the same large file ?

They are all served at the same time. Depending on network
speed and CPU power/load their download might however take a bit
longer.