...originating only from that interface.

I have done that kind of binding before using LocalAddr. I assume it would
be the same property for UDP.

No, that is different. Actually a socket has two ends: one local and one remote. Each has his IP an port number. When you use a socket for listening incomming connection, the Addr property is used to specify the interface IP address which is used to accept incomming connections, 0.0.0.0 is a special case saying the socket to accept connections from any one of the interfaces installed in the computer. For an outgoing connection, the localaddr property is used to specific the interface to use for having the connection going out of the computer while the Addr property is used for the remote address.

OK. I have another application where I am using UDP and I set the addr
property to the remote IP address. Then I call connect, use send and
OnDataAvaliable and all works fine.

This is an outgoing socket. That is different than listening. As I saif above, for an outgoing (client) socket, the addr property designated the remote address to conect to. UDP is a special case where there is no real "connection" as you have with TCP. To have a universal interface in TWSocket, I use the connect method to bind the socket to the parameters given by the properties.

What would be the reason(s) that I am not able to do the same thing with
this new device? Error 10049 says I cannot bind to the remote address.

Because you call listen !

What does the connect call, using UDP, send to the remote that
caused the 10049 on one device and not others? I am so confused. ;)

Me too. I'm not sure I understand your description.

--
francois.pie...@overbyte.be