On May 20, 2010, at 05:12, Angus Robertson - Magenta Systems Ltd wrote:

> Is it valid for an HHTP header to relocate to an empty URL?
>
> Currently, HttpProt seems to parse the relocation to the same URL, and
> goes into a loop.
>
> < HTTP/1.1 302 Found
> < Location: http://
>
> Temporary Redirection: http://www.telecomstrader.com/ to:
> http://www.telecomstrader.com/

Well, according to RFC 2616, Section "10.3.3 302 Found", the response does not
have to contain anything:

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2616.txt

   The temporary URI SHOULD be given by the Location field in the
   response. Unless the request method was HEAD, the entity of the
   response SHOULD contain a short hypertext note with a hyperlink to
   the new URI(s).

It doesn't specify what to do in such cases, but I would imagine that an empty
Location field should not prevent the user agent from redirecting at all.

        dZ.

--
        DZ-Jay [TeamICS]