Arno,

> Would you expect a correct result as well if you base64-decoded a
> quoted-printable encoded string?

No, I agree. But the problem is not the decoding itself but the way
Unicode-chars and Ansi-chars are treated.
This is the line where the problem lies:
MyAnsichar := AnsiChar(UnicodeUrl[I]);
If UnicodeUrl is switched to AnsiString, the problem disappears.

> Can't you use your own custom function then?

Yes I can, but I think other users could benefit from my proposed change. I
think this is a problem that was introduced with porting to Builder 2010 and
using UnicodeString. This problem was not there before and maybe other users
also have this problem now without knowing it.

Why not make the changes I proposed when all it does is restoring the function
to old behavior as when only AnsiString was used?

Regards Bjørnar