Hello,

As the client I need to get a TCP connection to the server. The server
requires the port number of the client be 1 - 32767. The server has a fixed
port number.

I know I can set the LocalPort property and that works, as long as the port
number I choose is not in use. If it is in use I do not get an error call
back. It just does not connect and an internal timer catches the failure.

I have two questions.

How can I determine if a local port number is in use?
If I cannot determine it before calling connect, how do I catch the error
that the port is in use?

Thanks,

Mark