I don't think moving the content of the usermade page would change anything about update. I'm even less convinced that most of the "usermade" author would care about using a SVN to update their code. And I don't want to moved everything out of my website since I get some (small) revenue because of Google Ads. Each time someone clicks on an ad, I get a few cents. Not much money, but it pays the hosting. In the past I had several free hosting but each time I have been asked to go out because it was to much trafic for a free hosting. So advertising is needed to pay for the website. Would be good if more people click on the ads...

--
francois.pie...@overbyte.be

----- Original Message ----- From: "Arno Garrels" <arno.garr...@gmx.de>
To: "ICS support mailing" <twsocket@elists.org>
Sent: Tuesday, December 14, 2010 8:06 PM
Subject: Re: [twsocket] ICS-based SNTP (Simple network time protocol) client

Francois PIETTE wrote:
Do you want an entry on the "user made" web page at ICS website ?
Well, if you don't wish to expand ICS, it will work too.

The problem is not that I don't want to expand ICS. The problem is to
support ICS. There are a lot of interesting components that could be
added to ICS. By moving it into "usermade" page, I'm not commited to
support it. If included in ICS distribution, it has to be supported
and kept up-to-date with current ICS and Delphi. A huge work actually.

I'll polish the source and create simple demo and send it to you.

OK, thanks. It will surely interest many peoples.
Could you also write the text to be published on the usermade page ?
Have a look at the other text to get inspired :-)

I wonder if a new "usermade" SVN repository wasn't a better place?
Most of the downloads from current ICS "usermade" page are obsolete.
Seems like the effort to maintain those contributions is to high.
Just an idea, the new repro could be openend at sourceforge.net or
if Angus agrees on his servers?