Hi All,

My apologies. When the list sent my message to me, there was no attachment.
I'm going to try again in case I screwed this up. If it arrives without it
please tell me how I'm to include my project.

I have done a cbuilder translation of Mr. Mestdagh's SpocketSpy program.
But, I have a problem. When I run the program and try to connect with a
server, I get this immediate error:

"An unknown response was received in response to a request for information
from the news server 'SocketSpyC++ Local TCP Proxy'"

Under the details button of the error dialog, I get:

SocketSpyC++ Local TCP Proxy

Configuration:
   Account: SocketSpyC++ Local TCP Proxy
   Server: 127.0.0.1
   Protocol: NNTP
   Port: 119
   Secure(SSL): 0
   Code: 800ccca0

I don't have any idea what the problem is. First, while trying to debug, I
put a popup messagebox at the end of the WSocketServerClientConnect
procedure to take a look at a variable. What I discovered was that
messagebox being open allowed the program to actually connect and go further
before error. After that, I replaced the messagebox with an
Application->ProcessMessages() loop as a test. I was amazed that after that,
the program ran completely and reliably--everytime. It works just great, but
I haven't tried more than 1 connection because of the ProcessMessages loop.
Though the loop has been helpful, I doubt it is the appropriate fix for
this.

My socketspyc project is attached. Please have a look. The ProcessMessages
loop is at the end of the WSocketServerClientConnect procedure.

Regards,

Richard Christman
https://www.quicksilvermail.net