From: twsocket-boun...@elists.org [mailto:twsocket-boun...@elists.org] On
Behalf Of Francois PIETTE
Sent: den 2 februari 2011 11:52
To: ICS support mailing
Subject: Re: [twsocket] Two things in ICS (probably bug/potential bug)

>>>The .NET code in V7 is unfinished work, it never compiled.

>>Unfinished work, sure. But it worked at some point. And from trhat point
>>changes have been made with no effort to keep it running because no one
>>seems interested anymore in a .NET version.

> Ah, now things are clear. Very pity - lots of efforts in vain!

Yes indeed. I tought people would be interested in having their Delphi.NET
application up and running quickly. It was not the case.

> Delphi.Net seem to be unuseful thing at all though idea is great.

Delphi.NET is now "Prism" and it is not fully compatible with Delphi.Win32.
it is almost impossible to have a single source code for both environment.
Havong to source sets is really too much work for me to keep in sync. This
was what I made with the Linux/Kylix version and I failed to update Kylix
version each time Win32 version was updated. Anyway, Kylix was also a
failure but will soon resurect as the next cross platform Delphi version !
It looks like ICS/Kylix could be reused quite easily.