From: twsocket-boun...@elists.org [mailto:twsocket-boun...@elists.org]
On Behalf Of brian -
Sent: Sunday, February 27, 2011 6:32 PM
To: ICS support mailing
Subject: Re: [twsocket] TTwitter component

I was actually 'open' for years, but I've been seeing users not able to
launch urls from my apps with that, cause the default browser may not
have defined that command, was still using it in the first versions of
twitter lib. I added the ShellExecute import to avoid adding another
unit; I rather not include entire units for things where I need only a
couple procs and such, it adds up to the exe unnecesarily.

As for webbrowser, hmm, I think I still prefer either the PIN or
self-auth approach, else, how we know the user actually allowed the app,
we can't just blindly assume they'll do and think we are now authorized,
so the last PIN step takes care of that.

I read somewhere about embedding a chromium window in delphi btw, heard
anything? I'm curious to test, gonna check for it. I really still dont
like the twebbrowser at all. But maybe I could have a compiler
conditional so the user can opt for a way or another.

Doesn't GPL allow your code to be included in closed source applications
as well? as long as the code hasnt been modified; unless I understood it
all wrong. Tbh it's the first time in over ~12 years programming Im
opening up to release and share source code, so I never looked much into
open source licenses until just now. Would appreciate some insight about
it :)