Isn't the CtrlSocket.State reliable to know if a connection is still on?
I'm trying to reuse an THttpCli, but I'm getting 10053 errors if a persistent connection is idle for some time, I suppose the server keepalive timeout. The ICS THttpCli code check this CtrlSocket.State property, to try to reuse a connection, but fails because state remains wsConnected, even for an already, supposedly (because of the result 10053 errors), closed connection.
Can someone, please, shed some light on this?

While doing some related research, I found this info
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/813827/en-us

Is IE, other browsers do the same, doing this just to free remote server resources, or is using this timeout to discard a possible no more reliable, after this idle time, persistent connection?
Something that needs to be implemented in the THttpCli too?

Rui