To: "ICS support mailing" <twsocket@elists.org>
Sent: Saturday, April 16, 2011 1:01 AM
Subject: Re: [twsocket] UDP Receive problem

HI François

Thanks for the advices

Having two separet thread is not enough. You have to closely look at how the receiving thread communicate with the processing/display thread. For example if you use synchronize, you actually defeat the multithreading. Same with SendMessage. You must keep the message pump of the receiver thread run at full speed.

I found the problem and I´m mad at my self!!

The problem is that I was not setting the receive buffer size... But I have
programmed it.. only for Listening state, when the socket enters on listen
state I set the receive buffer and it always worked because I usually only
use UDP sockets to listen, but I was making a particular implementation that
I had to send UDP data on the same socket, so I used Connect method instead
of Listen, so, when socket changed state, it was not setting the receive
buffer size because it was only programmed to set the size when socket was
Listening!

Well...

Silly

Thanks a lot!