Anton S. wrote:
> Hello all, I have a small request for timeout socket.
>
> By Arno's advice writing to this list.

Now I have some minutes.

> I recently faced with necessity of tracking ticks inside a socket
> (actually I want to pause it for some time and then resume). As I use
> BUILTIN_TIMEOUT, I tried to attach to TimeoutTimer but it's
> unaccessible to descendant classes.

The timeout feature is not intended for such a purpose.
If you use the BUILTIN_TIMEOUT and need additional lazy timers
TIcsThreadTimer objects are a good choice because they all get their
timer events from the same internal engine as the BUILTIN_TIMEOUT as
well (the default setting is 1000 timers max. per 'engine' which
is a worker thread), so beside the additional objects there's not
much stuff added, no threads, no handles, no windows etc. With
TIcsThreadTimer it is possible to have thousands of timers. See
demo in MiscDemos folder.