hello,
I have tcp server (developed as Windows Service) based on OverbyteIcsThrdSrv1.pas demo. There is maximum of 200 clients. Server is hanging after some time of running - it is unable to connect any new client.

I have added log in all events of TWSocketServer (оn events start line and events end line). So I know that program is not hanging in any events. I have some timer in service also and operation inside OnTimer events are also logged. When server is hanged timer event is no more triggered - it seems that main thread is very busy by triggering OnClientDataAvailable - but in fact no data are incoming, function RcvdCount in OnClientDataAvailable events returns zero and function Receive returns -1 length (see part of log below please). Please what does it means (why is this event triggered when no data are incoming?) and how to avoid this behaviour?

17.08.11 15:42:52 I ClientDataAvailable started.
17.08.11 15:42:52 I Received from 89.24.4.161: 0 byte(s).
17.08.11 15:42:52 D Received -1 byte(s).
17.08.11 15:42:52 I ClientDataAvailable ended.

Thanks for any idea.
Lukas

--
lukas skala