Hi Adam,

> The problem is that the DLL is quite unstable so I was trying to use a
> different approach and hoping to get better stability.

Are we talking about TWSocket in your second approach?

> Right now, I have the basic DLL test project running - it is connecting
> my server but the worker thread is not terminating so either the server
> is
> not sending a response or the ondatareceived event is not triggering.

I'm not sure if a TDatamodule is thread safe. Anyway I never used it. Note
that what you create in a constructor is in main thread context. You have to
create (and destroy) the components in the Execute method of that thread. If
you do not then you have a false thread.

--
mvg, Wilfried