> > We don't want to open and load a text file each
> > time a new type is found.
> True, that would be dog-slow.

We need to think about Linux/OSX, this will be first use of registry
access in ICS, I've already done some stuff to help decoding MIME email
content.

> > I agree that memory is needed for all the MIME types, so it
> > probably
> > wants to be a global object shared between multiple servers, maybe
> > with the existing code left as a default.
>
> IMO memory use of 200-400 short MIME type strings is minor, nothing
> we should worry about today.

Are you sure? If there are say six listen sockets, do we really want to
load and keep separate MIME tables for each?

> Lookups from a hash table are hell-fast, until there are collisions.

I've only used binary search lists, mostly written before Delphi got hash
lists, and was expecting more than a few hundred items so there would be
several tests to find an item.

Angus