> If I make a Send call to that socket, does it have to occur on the same
thread as the worker thread?
> Or can I call it's Send method from another thread?  I looked at the
WSocket.pas code and I didn't
> see anything that looked like it wasn't thread-safe,

Sending data pass thru the internal buffer which is protected by a critical
section. So it should be thread safe.

> but I'm having some strange problems like
> missing OnDataAvailable() events so I wanted to check.

This usually comes from bad handling of message pump. Check that part of
your code. Also, don't call  the message pump directly or indirectly from
one of the component event !

--
francois.pie...@overbyte.be