Hi,

I need to add some functionality to an old project created with Delphi 5.
This functionality is already available as a component I wrote for D2007.
The component internally uses a TWSocket to communicate over UDP.
Now I want to backport the component to Delphi 5.

I installed ICS-V5 into D5 by loading, compiling and installing
IcsDel50.dpk. That worked fine.

In my component's source I changed the ICS-related unit names as necessary.
Like this:

uses
{$IFDEF VER130}
  WSocket,
{$ELSE}
  OverbyteIcsWndControl,
  OverbyteIcsWSocket,
{$ENDIF}

There are no references to other ICS units in my source code.

Then I created a new package, added my component and compiled.
Got a message that I need to add IcsDel50 to the package. Hit "OK".
After that I get compilation errors. Unit MD5.pas is opened in the editor.
It has only one line:
"Bomb('This file has been renamed from MD5 to IcsMD5. Update your "uses"
clause !');"

Well, I certainly would do that. But I'm nowhere referencing that unit. And
as far as I can see the ICS-Source is clean, too. I have looked for old
IcsDel50.* files on my disk. Nada.

Can anyone share some advice?

Oh, btw: I can sucessfully compile and run a test project that creates my
component at runtime. So that might be the workaround if the package problem
cannot be solved.

Regards
  Stefan Paege