Hi Angus,

I perform some tests but cannot send fasten than 200 megabit/sec.

On large messages (100kb+) Looks like a bottleneck in
SmtpCli's Data/DataNext function.

I see the code and found what DataNext send message line by line.

Since typical MIME message contains lines with max 64 characters
length - for 100kb message DataNext/WSocket.SendStr/OnDataSent/Etc
called about 1600 times !

I see RFC 2821 and found what max line length can be 1000 characters!
So, in single SendStr call we can send up to 15 message lines (64
characters each), and for 100 kb message we will have only
100 DataNext/WSocket.SendStr/OnDataSent calls instead of 1600 !

My question is: why message data send line-by-line instead of larger
portions ? Because it's violate some another Smtp protocol rules ?

---
With best regards, Max Terentiev.
Business Software Products.
AMS Development Team.
supp...@bspdev.com

>In your case, once you have written the code to support more than one
instance and more than one thread, just >make it totally configurable so you
can try 10 threads with 400 instance, or 40 threads with 100 instance, >etc,
so you can easily experiment.

Angus