> The problem occurs in both server and client or just in one of them?

He's said the leak occurs in both server and client.

However he has not stated what version of Windows is being used.

Server versions are designed to handle more connections than client versions,
and 40 connections a second is not realistic for a client OS.

This problem could also be related to other software on the PC, a firewall for
instance.

There is a rare handle problem in ICS:

!!! Application Exception Big - Unable to create TIcsWndControl hidden window.
Error #8.

which happens about once a month on my public web server, really impossible to
reproduce without a few hundred thousand hits after three or four weeks, but
this is nothing to do with memory leaks or handle leaks, I track those.  So my
solution is simply to restart the service when it happens and send a warning
email, downtime about two minutes.

Angus