> But, the server private key, must be present as a file on the local
> PC running the application. This means that the private key is
> anything but.

Currently, SslContext only reads keys and certificates from files, not streams
or anything else.  That was how I added DHParams last month, but in retrospect
these (up to four of different key lengths) would be better loaded as streams.
So I'll look at loading all files as streams, but it may be a few weeks.

> subsequent attempts to connect fail with error code 10053

You can convert winsock error numbers to messages with
WSocketGetErrorMsgFromErrorCode, it will tell you aborted which does not mean
much.  You have probably not closed the previous connection.

Angus