I'm not sure if anyone knows, but I can suggest - if you have the time and
patience to investigate yourself - two tools that I'd use:
freeware Synopse mORMot framework - has a time Logging profiler (synLog.pas)
that will show the Delphi program internals times. (It has some known naming
clashes with some Delphi internals though)
Magenta Systems Internet Packet Monitoring Components - should allow you to
check the network traffic coming from your SSL setups (Delphi or otherwise)
from a separate program and will allow you to try and do some deeper
investigations as to which part of the communications is taking the most time.

Not saying it will be easy and the tools have their own learning curves and
need for tweaking too.
HTH

Stephen Dickason
Senior Developer - Managed Services