Angus

I have created a very simple demo application that shows how USE_SSL
changes the behavior of OnDataAvailable:

Please download at
http://www.digifort.com/files/temp/ShowModal.rar

I included the source code and 2 compiled projects in Delphi XE7 with ICS
from April 17, but I have tested with latest version and still the same
problem happens

This demo shows how OnDataAvailable affects calling Modal forms directly or
indirectly from OnDataAvailable event, blocking all the socket
communication while Modal form is open (You can see that MB sent keeps
increasing, but receiving socket never process new windows socket messages
until modal closes)

I'm still trying to simulate the other most critical issue (That increased
the CPU usage of our software H.264 video data parsing by 200%) but this is
much more complicated to simulate because it is triggered / affected by
peaks in CPU usage, but I will find a way to simulate and show how USE_SSL
enabled has affected my whole system performance.

Please remember that I'm not using SSL at this moment, the whole problem is
because by adding TCustomSslWSocket to the inheritance changes the behavior
of OnDataReceive even if I'm not using SSL and breaks our software (And I
bet I should not be the only user being affected that this...)

Thank you for taking a closer look at this issue, this is very critical to
us

Eric