Shocking news... Arno was a really good man and a talent coder.

My eyes are filled with tears. RIP Arno, your creation will live on.

Many of you will remember Arno Garrels, who was a major contributor to
ICS for many years.

In April 2014, he privately told Francois and I that he was being
treated for cancer, we heard from him a couple more times, but then
nothing.

I've just found an obituary from a old friend saying he died
unexpectedly on 9th August 2014.  It is in German, but Google Translate
makes it readable.

http://hortus-conclusus.berlin/tag/arno-garrels/

Arno did much of the ICS SSL support, unicode, Win64, C++, Firemonkey,
MacOS, and IPv6, and added many new units and demos.  His absence is
the reason development of some of these has stalled.

Arno's lasting legacy is all that ICS code that many of us rely on
daily.

Angus

--
A.S.