> So today I have dived into OverByteIcsHttpProt.pas and made a few
> small hacks as under to bypass the DNS lookup:

Thanks, I will look at this, but not this month. Stuff like this is
easy, it only got broken because SOCKS got forgotten.

> For me, a cleaner way would be to get the IP address from the
> proxy server relating to the existing WSocket connection, but I
> don't know how to go about it.

ICS does have a DNS lookup component that will request full domain
details from any DNS server, like the MX records to send email, look at
the sample OverbyteIcsNsLookup.dpr.

But this assumes the SOCKS proxy offers a DNS server, which is easy to
test with the sample.  Since passing a host name is part of the SOCKS
protocol, they might not want you to know the final IP address.

Angus