> TLS support in general may come in handy, but this certificate
> thing requires I guess that you have a real webserver with a real> non local
> DNS name.

> I used OpenSSL to generate some certificate

There are two possibilities here:

1 - Use a public domain and certificate that does not generally have
any public facing servers, except for port 80 when you collect the
certificate.  Your internal DNS then points that domain to your
internal server.  The component has a built in web server for this
purpose, but not yet implemented.

2 - Become your own certificate authority, by creating your own root
certificate that is installed on your client PCs once only.  You then
issue server certificates signed by the CA root, which will be trusted
by Windows without any warnings.  If you have ICS applications
accessing the server, they need the root CA as well.

This is how my internal network works, I have a root called Magenta
Development CA that is used to sign all the server certificates.
Originally I used OpenSSL batch files to do this, but ICS now has
functions to create certificates signed by a CA, so you can add that to
your application.

The PemTool sample can be used to sign certificates as a CA, but it is
quite complex in the sequence of files you create, sign and save, and
even I don't always get it correct, it really needs a better sample for
that purpose alone.

I thought about created an ICS CA certificate for testing the samples,
but that would mean distributing the private key as well which is
considered criminal in the SSL world.

Angus