> Is there any upload speed throttling built in to the TMagFTP
> component (or Overbyte one) ?

All ICS components have optional bandwidth limiting, it's part of
WSocket, on the XferDemo3 it's set by the Bandwidth Limit field which
should generally be zero.

I do know from experience that ICS does not offer the maximum possible
transfer speed under Windows that is available with a blocking file
transfer API (we don't use), but that does handle SSL or reporting
(without using threads).

I do daily FTP downloads from some of my public servers to make sure
everything is running OK, and this is typical:

https://www.magsys.co.uk/download/testing/speed50meg.zip
Download OK, size: 48.8 Mbytes, duration 0:11, average speed 4.07M/sec

My public servers are only on 100Mbit switches and through an old slow
firewall, so they go a lot faster, not designed for speed tests...

Uploads are a little slower, but they are limited by my FTTC connection
to 20Mb/s:

Upload OK: magtelecom.zip, size: 75.8 Mbytes, duration 0:36, average
speed 2.09M/sec

Angus