*Thursday, August 15, 2002:  Happy Hour, Location TBD in Cary/Raleigh

*If you have any suggestions for, or wish to host, the above Happy Hour, please contact Michael Cohen ([EMAIL PROTECTED]).

TYJP Board/Planning Meeting:

When:  Wednesday, July 31, 2002
Time:  7:00 PM
Where:  Stonewood Tavern & Grill, 1080 Darrington Drive, Cary, NC (Phone:  481-0174)

It’s that time of the year again.  It is time to plan TYJP events for the next few months.  If you have any ideas or suggestions for activities or events for the time frame of August 16 through December 31, please feel free to come to the planning meeting.  We need volunteers and ideas if we are going to keep TYJP active and alive.  If you cannot attend the meeting, but have any ideas, suggestions, or wish to volunteer for an event, please contact Michael Cohen at [EMAIL PROTECTED].

As far as the meeting place, Stonewood Tavern & Grill, it is a new establishment in Cary, which has been getting some good reviews.  Meal prices range from around $8 for soups and/or sandwiches to $14+ for entrees, according to the hostess I just talked to.

Please RSVP to [EMAIL PROTECTED] by the morning of Wednesday, July 31, in order for us to make a reservation at Stonewood.

Directions:
From North Raleigh (I-540):
  Take I-540 South to Aviation Pkwy.
  Exit Aviation Pkwy towards RDU Airport/Cary.
  Continue on Aviation Pkwy past RDU.
  Pass over I-40.
  After passing the traffic light at Southpoint Drive, take second left onto Evans Road.
  Take Evans to second traffic light (Cary Parkway).
  Turn right onto Cary Parkway.
  Continue on Cary Parkway through traffic light at NC-54/Chapel Hill Road.
  Take second left after NC-54 traffic light.
  You should see Stonewood Tavern & Grill on your right.
  Continue into the parking lot.

From Raleigh (other than I-540):
  Take I-40 West to Harrison Avenue Exit.
  Turn left onto Harrison Avenue towards Cary (South).
  Go past shopping center.
  Turn right at the traffic light at Cary Parkway.
    It is immediately opposite of Cary Academy.
    I believe it is the second traffic light after the shopping center.

  Continue on Cary Parkway through traffic light at NC-54/Chapel Hill Road.
  Take second left after NC-54 traffic light.
  You should see Stonewood Tavern & Grill on your right.
  Continue into the parking lot.

From Durham/Chapel Hill:
  Take I-40 East to Aviation Pkwy Exit.
  Turn right onto Aviation Pkwy towards Cary/Morrisville (away from RDU airport).
  After passing the traffic light at Southpoint Drive, take second left onto Evans Road.
  Take Evans to second traffic light (Cary Parkway).
  Turn right onto Cary Parkway.
  Continue on Cary Parkway through traffic light at NC-54/Chapel Hill Road.
  Take second left after NC-54 traffic light.
  You should see Stonewood Tavern & Grill on your right.
  Continue into the parking lot.

If you have any questions, please contact Michael Cohen at [EMAIL PROTECTED].

“Wet ’n Wild” Day at Emerald Pointe Water Park:

When:  Sunday, August 11, 2002
Time:  Meet at the Emerald Pointe at 10:30 AM; leave various locations accordingly.
Where:  “Wet ’n Wild” Emerald Pointe Water Park, Greensboro, NC

Join TYJP for an “end of summer” celebration at Emerald Pointe Water Park in Greensboro, NC.  Wet 'n Wild, the Carolina’s largest and most exhilarating water park, is the perfect summer getaway, with dozens of ways to beat the heat, from thrilling water slides to relaxing rides for all ages.  For more specific information regarding Emerald Pointe, please refer to their web site:

http://www.emeraldpointe.com

If anyone is interested after spending a full day at the Park, we plan to go to one of the many eating establishments in the area.  We plan to leave the park around 5:30 PM and get to one of the eateries by 6:00 PM.  More information will be forthcoming, and will be based upon feedback from interested parties.

Since Emerald Pointe is approximately 90 minutes from the Triangle, we will be attempting to set-up carpools from the various Triangle areas.  Please RSVP with Michael Cohen ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) by August 7 for this event, and please indicate:
  1.
       Where are you planning to come from (Raleigh, Cary, Durham, Chapel Hill, Greensboro, High Point)
  2.
       Do you wish to join a carpool to Greensboro.
  3.
       Do you mind driving a carpool to Greensboro.
  4.
       Are you planning to join us for dinner afterwards, or do you plan to return early.

If at least 15 people attend this event, we can receive a group rate of $19 (regularly $24.95).  Otherwise, we will attempt to find other means for a discount.  Other costs include $5.00/car for parking, and a locker rental fee of $7.00 (of which $2 is a refundable key deposit); we generally share one locker among many people (for shoes, shirts, etc.).  Also, plan to spend between $7 to $10 if you want to get lunch at the park.

Directions to Emerald Pointe can be found at:

http://www.emeraldpointe.com/index.jsp?path=parkInfo&page=directions

If you have any questions, please contact Michael Cohen at [EMAIL PROTECTED].

Joint Mosaic/TYJP “Learn to Scuba” Party:

When:  Sunday, August 18, 2002
Time:  Starting at 10 (please arrive on time, Instructions will start at 10:15 Sharp) ending around 12, but it can go longer if we need to.
Where:  Gypsy Divers Aquatic Center, 3651 Bastion Lane, Raleigh, NC 27604 (Phone: 919.255.1931)

Gypsy Divers web site:  http://www.gypsydivers.com.  Their website has directions to their place or you can put the address into Mapquest (http://www.mapquest.com).

What should I bring?

==>  Swimsuit
  ==>  Towel
  ==>  Clothes to change into
  ==>  Mask, fins, snorkel (if you have them, otherwise they will provided)

Gypsy Divers will be providing us with Scuba equipment, instructors, and their indoor pool to play in.  If you want to come, but do not want to try on the scuba gear that is fine.  You can still play in the pool!  At the beginning we will watch a short safety video and then we will sign a waiver, which is why we ask everyone to arrive at 10 am.  Once we have done that we will be going into the pool area to get a quick lesson on how to use the equipment before donning our tanks and jumping in!  This is a great opportunity to try to scuba without going through the certification courses.  If you like it then you can ask the instructors about the classes.

Other information:
==>  There are a lot of pizza deliveries near the dive shop, so if a group wants to order pizza while we are there that is an option.  Otherwise, there will be some soda and chips for everyone to munch on when they are not in the pool.
==>  The instructors will put out a tip jar.  All the money for tips gets donated to a local Charity in Chapel Hill:
http://www.burnsurvivor.com.  You are not obligated to donate, but if you have an extra few dollars it would be appreciated.
==>  If you think you would be more comfortable in a wetsuit, then please mention that in your RSVP.  They will provide wetsuits if requested.
==>  You are more than welcome to bring anyone else you would like, as long as they are over the age 18.

Please RSVP by August 15 to:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

We need to have a fairly accurate headcount so we can pull together an adequate amount of equipment.  If you have extra masks, fins or snorkels that you would be willing to share, please let me know.  If you have any questions please feel free to email Marcia Hoffheimer at the email above or give her a call at 919.676.6761.

+
+ TYJP web site:
http://rtpnet.org/tyjp/
+
+ Send all list commands to <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]>.
+
+ To unsubscribe send the following in the message body:
+    UNSUBSCRIBE tyjp-l
+
+ To subscribe send the following in the message body:
+    SUBSCRIBE  tyjp-l YourFirstName YourLastName <email address>
+
+       for example:
+          SUBSCRIBE tyjp-l Joe Schmoe <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
+
+ For a complete list of commands send the following in the message body:
+    HELP