[ The Types Forum (announcements only),
     http://lists.seas.upenn.edu/mailman/listinfo/types-announce ]

Software Engineering and Technology cluster (SET) of the Computer Science
Division of the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science at Eindhoven
University of Technology (TU/e) is looking for an Assistant Professor and a PhD
student!

Assistant Professor:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://jobs.tue.nl/en/vacancy/assistant-professor-in-software-engineering-1083371.html__;!!IBzWLUs!SqAVlOzURtmFHJcO-FxOL9_7P1KY0-R9CUxYOofUAczy4BzkVtJlV5U8uPShL3Lk4_L9YgzGBlgljGuSz347HXjAtgn1sjjpBf3u$

Are you our next Assistant Professor in Software Engineering? The Software
Engineering and Technology cluster (SET) of the Computer Science Division of
the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science at Eindhoven University of
Technology (TU/e) is looking for an enthusiastic colleague to strengthen our
team and complement our research and teaching activities. We conduct empirical
studies, build systems, prove theorems, and share our passion and knowledge
with the next generation of software engineers, researchers and educators.

This vacancy is part of the Irène Curie Fellowship and is currently only open
to female candidates.

The Software Engineering and Technology cluster (SET) conducts pluriform
research in software engineering in such areas as digital twins, human aspects
of software engineering, parallel software development, software architecture,
and software evolution. Our research is typically presented in leading software
engineering conferences (ICSE, FSE, ASE, ICSME, MODELS, MSR, SANER, TACAS) and
journals (TOSEM, TSE, EMSE, SoSyM, JSS). We offer a broad spectrum of bachelor
and master courses addressing various aspects of software engineering, ranging
from basic programming to design of modern large scale software systems, and
from human-computer interaction to establishing correctness of software. We
play a crucial role in both bachelor and master programs on Computer Science
and Engineering and support bachelor programs in Data Science, Mathematics and
Physics. We collaborate with national and international colleagues, from
academia and industry, within computer science and outside it (e.g., electrical
engineering, mechanical engineering, organizational psychology, philosophy).

We are looking for great candidates with a passion for software engineering
research and education. We see great potential for candidates to collaborate
within our group and to expand its expertise, in such areas as:

AI & software engineering,
Analysis of code bases,
Knowledge representation in software engineering,
Low code/no code,
Software engineering for autonomous systems,
Software testing and verification.

However, we would also like to strongly encourage candidates with other areas
of expertise to apply. Successful candidates should be able to connect to and
complement the current expertise of the cluster.

PhD student:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://jobs.tue.nl/en/vacancy/phd-on-software-engineering-for-scientific-communities-1089786.html__;!!IBzWLUs!SqAVlOzURtmFHJcO-FxOL9_7P1KY0-R9CUxYOofUAczy4BzkVtJlV5U8uPShL3Lk4_L9YgzGBlgljGuSz347HXjAtgn1su9xZcoQ$

We are looking for a motivated PhD candidate interested in conducting research
on Software Engineering for Scientific Communities. The successful candidate
will explore how events, such as hackathons, can be utilized to support
scientific communities in advancing their code bases, attracting and
integrating new members, and sharing knowledge.

As part of the position, you will conduct research to understand the impact of
software-centric community events on scientific communities and subsequently
design, implement, and evaluate interventions to support codebase advancement,
community engagement, member integration, and knowledge sharing. You will
collaborate with interdisciplinary teams, including scientists, software
engineers, event organizers, and community managers. You will also contribute
to the facilitation of hackathons and other events.

The position is located within the Social Software Engineering Group, where the
candidate will supervised by Dr. Alexander Nolte and Prof. Dr. Alexander
Serebrenik. The group is part of the Software Engineering and Technology
Cluster, which involves experienced researchers in software engineering across
all academic levels.

In addition to research, you will also contribute to education activities,
specifically to a master-level course on Human-Computer Interaction and to the
supervision of Bachelor and Master level students.