On 14/12/2023 11:52, Gabriel Scherer wrote:
[..]
I think that we could do the following, from the easiest to the
requires-more-work:
[..]
3. Ensure that it is easy to publish at PACMPL without presenting at the
conference. (Then one only has to keep publication costs in check.)

This is not only easy now, but a condition for a conference being allowed to affiliate with PACMPL. Because PACMPL is a journal, if a paper is accepted at any PACMPL venue then the authors are not required to attend or present at all.

This option is often not well advertised in advance, which I guess is largely because much of the community (including me, until recently!) is unaware of it. In the interests of transparency and inclusion, I think we should do a better job of making all potential authors aware of this option before they submit.

Sam