Hi all,

I am working on a system with explicit universe polymorphism similar to Agda, a
la Bezem et al. [1], with non-cumulative, Tarski-style universes. When I try to
give a semantics to types and universes a la Abel et al.[2], it does not seem
obvious to me how universe polymorphism should be captured. In particular, I am
not sure how do we say "the semantics is coherent with substitutions with
universe variables", or more technically, how the semantics of U(l) should be
assigned where l is a universe variable, so that the semantics of U(k) is
obtained given a substitution k/l for some well-formed universe level k?

Any pointer is appreciated.

[1]
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://arxiv.org/pdf/2212.03284.pdf__;!!IBzWLUs!UinFJQgLg436Sh8FIzlYlW8J6QXsm-6HH76jzOp4LAvCDJZQXoo9r7rotdf3cwM8wpB10MSKNPSAuDHoTOV3R0JquvdDUHM$

[2]