Jason

> "Random" implies
...that you just started to invent or expect some thing you invented to
work! Which is what you did, even though its clearly explain what syntax
is available.

> I didn't need to be told it couldn't work;
No but we both told you very early WHY it didn't work  -your syntax was
wrong.

> healthy dose of condescension in return.
Oh please,. Stop kidding yourself. What is condescending about us
telling you what was wrong? Or where to look for fixing it? Or better
yet the fact that I gave you the answer?

At the end of the day, I am most likely not going to be asking you for
help with typo3 anytime soon. But I suspect that you'll be back here
asking for help again. And to me, well you've just alienated yourself.
So goodbye and good luck because if trying to help you is going to get
me this - I can't be asked, I'd rather help someone who needs it in the
few spare minutes of my day.