Hi,

On 7/10/07, Jan Bednarik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > If you use different template for each language you can set the "Website
> > title" field for each template (in the "whole template record" of the
> > template).
>
> how can you set different templates for different languages but on one page?

Well, if you design your HTML and CSS well, you could make /many/
changes by just changing the body tag:

### Sample TS:
###
page.bodyTagCObject = HTML
page.bodyTagCObject {
  value = default
  value {
    wrap = <body id="|">
  }
}

[globalVar = GP:L=1]
  page.bodyTagCObject.value = french
[globalVar = GP:L=2]
  page.bodyTagCObject.value = german
[global]

<!-- Sample HTML -->

  Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet consectetuer.

/* Sample CSS: */

#content {
  width:200px;
  border:2px solid #000;
  background-color:#900;
  position:absolute; /* Position this div at 0,0 */
}

#french #content {
  background-color:#090;
  bottom:0; /* Position this div at 0, 100% */
}

#german #content {
   background-color:#009;
   right:0; /* Position this div at 100%, 0 */
}

Using the same principle--varying TS rendering according to the
user-selected language--it would be quite easy to change the entire
page layout if using the TEMPLATE cObject method of templating pages.
I don't immediately see a way to do the same with TV templating, but I
bet it /can/ be done with TV too.

The same principle goes for absolutely /anything/ that you can do with
TS in the first place...

--
Christopher Torgalson
http://www.typo3apprentice.com/