>> The T3CON first was planned to be a "Snowboardtour without snow" to
>> get rid of those hundreds of nerds that only came there to step on
>> the nerves of a core developer or even Kasper himself.
>> On the other hand there was the T3 Association who desperately needed
>> sponsoring to make the core developers keep up the good work and
>> concentrate on the important stuff.
>> Maybe you remember the famous: "Free as in free speech, not as in
>> free beer"?
>
> First of all Joh - Who is missing the point? A SnowboardTour without
> Snow? Hundreds of Nerds? CoreDevelopers Freedom? Kasper would be the
> last casting out people from low paid countries if he believes in
> Christ like he always said - and I believe he does believe in him!

I will skip the majority of your posting, since our points of view differ
too much to expect some kind of consensus.
>From my point of view the T3CON was planned to be a high price business
event from the beginning for various reasons that I already explained and
that's what it is now.
>From your point of view it should be more like a community meeting, but
therefor we got other events.

But to show you that your estimation about Kaspers reasons to setup this
conference is not just slightly wrong I recommend reading the following
thread:
http://lists.netfielders.de/pipermail/tycon3/2005-June/000134.html

And to clarify some other points:
1.) Milchmädchenrechnung: As I already pointed out, people have certain
expectations when they pay those high fees. Even the OSCON is always located
at one of the most expensive hotels in town just because more people will
come and pay. Tim O'reilly said: It's about those guys in the T-Shirts
entering the places they were never allowed to see from the inside before
... - Many people like that, and they pay for it.
2.) I said: Most of the core developers are living in countries with high
wages so they definitely need more money than a low paid worker in Thailand.
And this has absolutely nothing to do with the price they would have to pay
for the conference, but with the money the conference will earn for them, so
that some features and bugfixes can be sponsored. If you want to sponsor a
German developer you will definitely have to pay him more money than for
another guy from i.e. Thailand. Since most of the core developers are living
in countries with higher wages, you need more money for sponsoring.

Let's stop here for now and start again later with a new thread about
T3DIVE, since this would be a very interesting event for me ...

Joey