was there any resolution to this?

I am having a similar problem:

using tinymce, was set to using
force <br /> for line breaks, but the client was having trouble applying
indent to areas of text without it indenting unintended areas, so we set
the tinymce to
force <p> for line breaks, but now front end is not rendering the <p>
tags, seems like this problem mentioned.

any advice? We are goign to try and use <br /> for now, but seems liek
the problem is a simple one if we just know what to set in backend?

thanks,
andrew