Hi,

thanks for you reply

On Thu, 2007-11-15 at 13:59 +0100, Tomas Mrozek wrote:
> >> 1.
>
> There's probably no if/else but I suppose you can list the same field
> twice in the TCA, with different conditions, once with "equals" and once
> with "does not equal".

don't you get overwrittem, in particular if you need more than two
cases?

> > Second, I need to check a value from a different table.
>
> Well, I guess this will require different approach. How about you would
> have three tables: sportsmen, sports, scores. Sporstmen form will have a
> select field which will be filled with the content of the "sports"
> table. The "scores" form will have the "sports" table as well and upon
> selection, the whole form would get modified.

Indeed, I started this thread with a simplified example, but I need
something as you say. Moreover, different sportsman may play more than
one sport. So I think I need both a further table Sportmen_Sports and
Scores as an attribute.

My first idea was to associate a scores policy tag to any record within
Sport, and then use it to get the right BE form to enter a score in the
Scores field. But I am not sure how to move that piece of info from a
table to the other. Likely,  I can not do just by IRRE.

Hope I am saying something :-)

my best
mario