Hi Dimitry, Last week I suddenly had many more spam messages than usual in my ve_guestbook installation and was looking for an answer...
Having tried several extensions I found that timtab_badbehavior did the trick perfectly... for now. It stopped the spamflood immediately and I have not had any problems since... But I still may need to dive into your solution when/if the problem reoccurs... Thanks for sharing, Patrick Scholman Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] schreef: > Hi all! > > I appologize for self-advertizing but I think the topic of > guestbook/blog spam is bleeding for many people. > > Here is a link to my article that may help you to fight guestbook spam. > I must warn that technique is really advanced and agressive and may > block also some innocent users. It requires some knowldge about system > administration and root access to server. But if you are drawning in > spam, it will let you swim easier :) > > The article is here: > http://typo3bloke.net/post-details/archive/2008/january/09/advanced_guestbook_spam_blocking/index.htm > > > Comments and corrections are very welcome. > > *** This article is not an official recommendation from any TYPO3 team, > this is completely my own personal view. > _______________________________________________ TYPO3-english mailing list [email protected] http://lists.netfielders.de/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/typo3-english
