On Jan 15, 2008, at 11:02 AM, Steffen Kamper wrote:

>>> <-....snip>
>>
>> I guess you will have to "script" that converter on your own,
>> because no
>> "automatic" converter will work with PHP-serialized array. I haven't
>> really found the need to do that, in most cases the serialized
>> arrays are
>> either some "minor" configuration that can be adapted by hand after
>> converting everything else, or some cached stuff that we can clean up
>> afterwards anyway. Isn't that the case?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Ernesto
>
> i don't think that is needed. As a dump is a normal textfile there
> is no
> difference between text and serialized array, conversion will be
> done for
> complete text.
>
> vg  Steffen

Hey Steffen

the problem is the serialized arrays.
What happens is that if an character get's changed to a two byte
notation instead
of a one byte notation the length parameter of the serialized array is
incorrect.

The length parameters counts bytes, not characters.

If that happens then unserialize will fail and return false (or was it
NULL? )

Ries

--
Ries van Twisk