myicq <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in news:mailman.1.1200405581.4849.typo3-
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:

> But how do you practically go about managing news after some time,
> imagine over some months, years there will be 100s of news items
> listed in the backend.
> 
> Is there a "purge" script which moves the news to an archive, or
> what is the process ?

No input ? 

well, after talking to ppl in the IRC channel, I think the following 
will be the solution:

* define date interval for cleanup
* make "archive folder"
* run this SQL command to clean up
        update tx_mininews_news 
                set pid = $archive_page_id
        where
                pid = $news_page_id
        and    (date difference > $number_of_days)
        and   hidden = 1

  that way, all articles hidden, and of certain age, is archived.


This could be built into mininews.. but guess you can't have everything.


Btw, I did find the answer to second question:
To get from Typo3 timestamps to human-readable, simply do
        select DATE_FORMAT(FROM_UNIXTIME(tstamp), '%Y-%m-%d %H:%i')
Obvious to 99% but I did not know, and thought someone else might 
benefit.

- torben
_______________________________________________
TYPO3-english mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.netfielders.de/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/typo3-english

Reply via email to