Dmitry, I did the checks that you suggested below: on the sitemap I correctly get /123/ in the URL, which shows that the realurl is working.
Now, I'm not sure where to check (or add) AllowOverride in web server? Where can I find the "web server configuration file for the directory of your site"? I added a line with: AllowOverride ALL to the .htaccess of my installation, but I still get the 404 error. I should say that I haven't yet restarted my server. Bijan Molayi Phone: +1 609-924-2189-X7202 Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Skype: bijan_m1 -----Original Message----- From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] Sent: Friday, January 18, 2008 12:09 AM To: [email protected] Subject: Re: [TYPO3] realurl installation not working Hi! [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: > 3- Added the following to the bottom of my /typo3conf/localconf.php > file: This is not necessary any more. Realurl comes with autoconfiguration, it could generate optimal configuration for you. > 4- In fact, all I am trying to do for the moment, is to get realurl to > work in its simplest form. So, with the above localconf.php, I expect > the following to happen: If I type this address: > http://www.my_site_url.com/123/ or the following address: > http://www.my_site_url.com/123/page.html in one of the 2 cases (I think > the second case) it should return the page at: > http://www.my_site_url.com/index.php?id=123 . In fact, I am getting a > 404 - page not found error. > > > > I would appreciate if somebody could guide me in the right direction. Firsts, check if realurl generates links. Put a sitemap element on the home page and see what URLs you get. If you get /index.php?id=123, then realurl is not working. If you get /123/, it is working at least partially. Assuming that it is works, check if rewriting works correctly. Check what is the value of AllowOverride in web server configuration file for the directory of your site. If you cannot find value, set it to "All" (without quotes). If it is set incorrectly, rewrite directives will be silently ignored and you will get 404. Restart web server and see if you still get 404. If yes, activate rewrite log for this site using RewriteLog directive in virtual host configuration (this directive does not work from .htaccess). Set debugging level to maximum. Click on the realurl-ed link and check rewrite logs. What do they show? -- Dmitry Dulepov TYPO3 core team Web: http://typo3bloke.net/ Skype: callto:liels_bugs "Nothing is impossible. There are only limits to our knowledge" _______________________________________________ TYPO3-english mailing list [email protected] http://lists.netfielders.de/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/typo3-english The e-mail is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and or privileged information. Any review, dissemination, copying, printing or other use of this e-mail by persons or entities other than the addressee is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the material from any computer. _______________________________________________ TYPO3-english mailing list [email protected] http://lists.netfielders.de/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/typo3-english
