Hi Harish,

>  Iam a fairly new guy to this wonderful environment of TYPO3, i am on TYPO3
> since 3 months. i have quite long way to go :). My current requirement is...
>  We get good number of MS Excel sheets with some statistical data in it from
> our client to upload to there website frequently. We are maintaining there
> website in TYPO3... normal procedure i do is, put the excel sheet into the
> "Design" tab of either Homesite or VisualStudio, copy the HTML code it
> generates and paste it as content into TYPO3(HTML page content). i know this
> is not good practice but i know of nothing else... can someone please help me
> with a better idea so that my client himself can make changes on the data if
> needed without having to come back to me becoz he does not know HTML coding.

You may take a look at rlmp_officeimport or use phpexcel_library to
write your own procedure.

You may also write your own extension that process the XLS files stored
somewhere in /upload or /fileadmin and send them to the command-line
program xlhtml to convert them to HTML. You then have to include the result.

Depending on your needs, you may create a content element that let the
editor choose the Excel file to be displayed and use xlhtml to process
it. Using a caching mechanism to avoid reprocessing the file each time
the page is generated.

Regards

--
Xavier Perseguers